Wednesday, December 23, 2015

2015 in Review - On God, Found Dayboro


When Tracy told me she'd read my blog recently, I felt a stab of shame.  Not because I haven't written all year, but because of what I HAD been writing before I stopped.  Oh dear, this written record of my inner struggles is how new people I meet are getting to know me!  As if I'm not perfectly capable of scaring them off in person!

They ALL look like angels at Christmas-time!

What I remember of 2014 is anger and fear.  I was not in a good place - physically, emotionally and spiritually.  I'm afraid to look back at what I was writing.  Two blogs I had to remove because they were hurtful.  I wasn't funny.  I was bitter, nasty and sarcastic.

Now the question is whether a happier me will actually be boring and proselytising.  

Hold on a moment while I go look that up and see if it means what I think it does!


God Aidan (and Captain Matthew and his warriors) backed up by brother Ian.

Nope.  To try to convert to one's particular religion or sect of a religion.  Definitely not what I had in mind.  Although we HAVE joined the Church of Christ this year.

Now the question is whether a happier me will actually be boring and moralizing?  Or if I need to haul out a thesaurus.  And if I should be spelling that with an s or a z.  Still pronounced zee in my head, not zed.  So that I think I will stick with it.

The other question is whether my wandering attention span is a sign of attention-deficit-disorder or a stroke of brilliance.

Tayah and Andrew narrate the story behind Christmas.

Ahem!  Attention!  Over here!  To think , write or speak about matters of right and wrong, often in a self-righteous or tedious way.

Who ME?!

Romans 5:3-4 on adversity:  "Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope..."

I don't know about that, Romans.  I bitched and moaned through my sufferings.  My suffering produced hypothyroidism, anemia, adrenal fatigue and bitterness.  


Dayna watches over the angels!

Did I endure?  Certainly not in a sense of fortitude; the ability to endure with patience.  I am NOT patient. I am whining and snivelling and demanding.

But I am still here.  And I DO have character.  Or AM a character.  But I am tired of getting up off the sofa to check the dictionary. 

Scratch a warrior, find a lover!

What I do have - for 2016 and for good - is hope.  I have no doubt that Dayboro, Australia is the haven I have been searching for.  Heads up Penn Vet - turns out I was looking farther east than Africa!  

So yes, Gary,  I have finally opened my gift.

"BA RUM PUM PUM PUM," boys, "BA RUM PUM PUM PUM!"

In the words of my four boys:  "I have these gifts for you.  They're up in my bum."

If God really IS anything like Aidan (who portrayed Him in our Christmas nativity skit this past Sunday), 2016 will be filled with madness and mayhem.  But also lots of hugs and love.

Turns out God uses a toilet paper roll covered in tin foil to view the earth!

Oh, and have I mentioned the rocks?!

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2015 FROM THE CONNORS!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment